Jackdaws Accommodation Update
We’re pleased to share with you all that we have recently recruited some additional B&B Hosts locally and are now able to offer a wider range of rooms, both here in Great Elm and nearby in Frome. We have met with our new hosts and are assured that you’ll find a warm welcome and comfortable accommodation, as you’d expect. We’re confident that our Hosted B&B rooms remain good value in a competitive local market.
- Rooms are offered in homes locally
- Guest Rooms have en suite facilities or sole use of own bathroom*
- Continental breakfast is included (some hosts may offer this as a breakfast basket, depending on location)
- Contact details & directions to Jackdaws are provided and free parking is available
B&B fees are still paid to Jackdaws alongside your course fee
The room rate will be £60 per night – single occupancy**
There is an admin fee of £5 per booking (not per night), which includes all arrangements & payment transfer.
* It’s sometimes possible to arrange accommodation as ‘standard room’ with a shared bathroom, for a room rate of £50 per night – subject to availability.
** Two people sharing a double room £65 per night.
We are still happy to book rooms at Travelodge and Premier Inn rooms, if you’d prefer this type of accommodation, although rates will vary. You’re welcome to contact us to discuss.
Rooms will be allocated a few weeks before the course starts; we will send you details of where you are staying and ask that you contact your Hosts with your estimated arrival time. Check in is usually from 4pm.
Most guests like to arrive in the area by late afternoon, so that they can settle themselves into their B&B before coming to Jackdaws from 6pm. Supper is then served at 6.30pm.