STATEMENT ON EQUALITY & DIVERSITY
Jackdaws core values are Inspiration, Access and Inclusion and our mission statement is “Bringing music to life by enabling creative expression”
This means that we are committed to being an organisation where:
- All people are treated equally with dignity and respect Inequalities are challenged
- We anticipate, and respond positively to, different needs and circumstances so that everyone can achieve their potential
- We value diversity and we recognise that different people bring different perspectives, ideas, knowledge and culture, and that this difference brings great strength.
Our equality and diversity principles:
- We believe that discrimination, exclusion or bullying based on individual characteristics and circumstances, such as age; disability; caring or dependency responsibilities; gender or gender identity; marriage and civil partnership status; political opinion; pregnancy and maternity; race, colour, caste, nationality, ethnic or national origin; religion or belief; sexual orientation; socio-economic background; trade union membership status or other distinctions, represents a waste of talent and a denial of opportunity for self-fulfilment. We will not accept discrimination against anyone who is involved in our work in any capacity.
- We recognise that patterns of under-representation and lack of access can be challenged through positive action.
-We respect the rights of individuals, including the right to hold different views and beliefs. We will not allow these differences to be manifested in a way that is hostile or degrading to others or in a way that constitutes discrimination or extreme views.
- We expect commitment and involvement from all our staff, participants, partners and Artists in achieving these goals.
If you have a concern regarding this statement please contact Artistic Director, Saffron van Zwanenberg on firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.