Date Format: DD slash MM slash YYYY
Entrants must be 22-30 years of age, inclusive, at the time of the final (9th January 2021)
We will notify people of auditions by email only.
Please send me information by email about the Maureen Lehane Vocal Awards, Jackdaws singing opportunities and courses.
Referees will only be contacted if there is a specific query regarding an application or if applicant progresses to final, when both referees will be asked to supply a full reference.
- Please attach photocopies of your Birth Certificate/Passport and Curriculum Vitae as either pdf, Word or jpeg/png image files.
- I confirm I understand I must use one of the songs from the approved list approved list here
for Preliminary Round only
What devices were used in making your recording? E.g. Phone with external microphone
I confirm that the recording I am submitting for the preliminary round was made in a single take and has not been subsequently edited or sound engineered to unfairly improve the quality. I also confirm that Jackdaws are able to use recordings prelim/final to promote the event/organisation if I am a prizewinner or finalist.
- Please upload your video recording to the following Dropbox link
- Terms and Conditions
• Please ensure you are available to compete at the Final round before applying to this competition.
• The Maureen Lehane Vocal Awards is open to singers
aged between twenty-two and thirty years of age inclusive as of the date of the final.
• Singers may apply for the award a maximum of three times; previous prize-winners may not re-apply (singers only).
• All material must be sung from memory in all rounds, and all repertoire must be different between the preliminary audition and Final.
• Each candidate will be allowed a maximum of fifteen minutes in the preliminary round and up to 20 mins in the final (Preliminary panel may not hear all material).
• By entering, you confirm that the information submitted on the application is complete and correct to the best of you knowledge and understand that any information found to be inaccurate or missing may lead to your place in the Maureen Lehane Vocal Awards becoming forfeit without return of the entry fee.
• In the event of not being offered an audition your entry fee will be refunded, otherwise it is non refundable after application.
• Only complete applications i.e. with all information & documents included, video uploaded and payment made, will be considered.
On submission you will be taken to make payment for your application.
We use PayPal as our payment gateway for this.